Thursday, August 12, 2010

We have had quite the response ever since I proclaimed that Enough is the best thriller of the decade. I had a feeling this would happen. I know a lot of you are thinking why would I say Enough is the best thriller of the decade as opposed to saying Enough is the best thriller of the century. Well there is an easy answer for this one, even though Enough is by far one of the best movies of all time it cannot hold the spot for every decade. Let me explain

The best thriller of the nineties is: A tie between, Pelican Brief (Allison is gonna be so happy I included her goddess) and The Good Son (I'm ELI-JAH)
The best thriller of the eighties is: Gremlins II: New York (Ok technically this film came out in 1990, but it has the spirit of the eighties. As much as I love the first Gremlins, and the thrilling story of a dead santa dad it lacks the thrills that a big business office building in NY adds to the sequel)

The best thriller of the seventies: Nothing, nothing thrilling happened in the seventies.
The best thriller of the sixties is: The Sound of Music (SUCH a thriller! Will the kids learn their scales? Will Georg realize his love for Maria? What about those Nazis?!?!?!?!)
Cinema was invented in 1960 with the first talkie so there are no more thrillers to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment